Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baaack Off!


I was thumbing through some of my Colorado pictures the other day and I stumbled across a few that mad me laugh. It was late September, and the end of the 2010 season at the 4UR Ranch was winding down. I decided to head into town for reasons that have slipped my mind. It must not have been important. I wasn't even a mile from the entrance to the ranch and traffic suddenly had stopped both ways. It was soon clear why. A herd of sheep were being herded down from the national forest to their winter grounds in the valley. The shepherds use the roads because it is the fastest way to herd them. You have no choice but to stop because the sheep are blocking the road. It made for a good time to snap some pictures. It was something you don't see everyday, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment